This course will be held at our CooperSurgical Training Lab in Målov, Denmark.
This two-day workshop aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the various requirements and methods required to initiate, conduct and publish scientific research in the field of assisted reproduction technology (ART). The workshop will consider the different stages in the entire process, from study design through to publication, including literature review, hypothesis formulation, ethical approval, informed consent, study design, study registration, statistical power, data handling, statistical analysis, manuscript preparation, manuscript submission, and handling reviewers’ criticisms and editorial decisions.
The course will be presented by embryologists with a proven track record in scientific publication, including experience as reviewers of manuscripts submitted to scientific journals for publication, as members of human research ethics committees (HRECs), and as editorial board members of journals relevant to the field of ART.
- to provide participants with the core knowledge and introductory skills required to more confidently undertake scientific research in ART
Clinical embryologists, clinicians, research scientists
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- Knowledge on performing Literature review and hypothesis driven research
- Knowledge on how to design a study and how to calculate the power of the study
- An introduction on ethical conduct and legislative framework
- Knowledge on how to manage your data with the intention of giving a sound grasp of the fundamentals of statistical analysis
- The principles and practice of publishing the results from human research. Educational methods
- Hands-on practical sessions
This course does not involve any observation of clinical work or use of human eggs/embryos.
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
All participants must be experienced in assisted reproduction technology and hold appropriate qualifications in science at graduate and/or postgraduate level.
The Hands-on sessions will include access to the internet and, therefore, it will be necessary to bring your own PC or tablet computer with you, with an appropriate browser program
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
Course fee is EUR 275.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Local transportation between hotels and the course venue
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from Denmark
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.