This course will be held at a Center of Excellence Shanghai, China
This 2-day Course is intended to provide participants with the core knowledge to set up a quality control system in an IVF laboratory in order to improve ART services.
It aims to provide a detailed overview of the management tools and know-how for setting up quality control system, together with procedures for validation and performance management.
Topics addressed include managing total quality in an IVF laboratory, traceability and process mapping, developing a Standard Operating Procedure, training flows for staff and use of KPIs and audits in quality management.
The course is suitable for participants wishing to optimize lab management of either a new or existing facility.
- to understand how to monitor, calibrate and validate equipment and the facility, including pH, temperature and osmolality optimization.
- to learn about handling and storage of consumables, including the need for control of inventory.
- to understand how to implement a system for risk management and traceability, including electronic witnessing.
- to learn about quality control (eQC and iQC), management, quality assurance and KPIs.
- to understand the need for training and monitoring of individual staff members.
- to learn about troubleshooting.
- to learn about audits.
- to provide a forum to discuss the importance of quality control and management.
Quality Management Managers, IVF Unit Managers, IVF Lab Managers, Chief Embryologists, Clinical Embryologists, Lab Technicians, Clinical Directors and Auditors that have a good understanding of the working of an ART laboratory and regulations that apply to ART laboratories in their country.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- a theoretical insight into management and validation of equipment, processes and laboratory
- a practical understanding of handling of equipment and consumables used in Quality Control in ART
- an insight into the need for, and practical implementation of, traceability
- an understanding of monitoring of laboratory activities
- a theoretical understanding on preparing a Standard Operating Procedure
- a theoretical insight into quality control of an IVF laboratory
- a practical insight into and hands-on exposure to the use of equipments for quality control
- a theoretical understanding of quality control of the laboratory
- an insight into the role of troubleshooting, risk assessment and audits
- group discussions
Please note that the course does NOT involve any observation of clinical work.
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Participants must have a good understanding of the workings of an ART laboratory and the regulations and guidelines that apply to ART in their country.
Maximum number of participants
Places are limited to 8 people.
All lectures, discussions and course material will be in English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course evaluation form at the end of the course.
Course fee is USD330.
The fee includes:
- attendance to lectures
- syllabus of the course
- Lunch and refreshment
- certificate of attendance
The fee does NOT include:
- travel to/from Venue
- cost associated with visa applications
- Participants are advised to organize a personal travel insurance.
Registration will be open soon
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.