This course will be held at the Center of Excellence in Målov, Denmark.
Participants will learn about key considerations in the design of a new laboratory or re-build of an existing one using the latest know-how – from planning (space design and future needs) to selection of construction materials (building materials, decision on ventilation system), laboratory furniture, equipment and disposables. Participants will also receive guidance regarding start-up and validation of the laboratory facilities before starting clinical treatments.
The importance of implementing a robust system of Total Quality Management (TQM, SOPs, KPI) will be discussed.
The course will comprise lectures and interactions between participants evaluating the optimal design of ART laboratories to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Participants are encouraged to bring any preliminary designs of their new clinics or rebuilding plans to the workshop.
- To learn about the optimal design and layout of ART laboratories
- To understand how to select materials
- To learn about commissioning and validation of the laboratory
- To understand how to select equipment and disposables
- To learn about monitoring of your laboratory
- To learn about SOPs and KPIs
- To learn about quality control, management, quality assurance and KPIs
Clinical embryologists, clinicians, lab managers, unit managers, clinic directors that have a good understanding of the working of an ART laboratory and regulations that apply to ART labs in their country.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- A theoretical insight in to IVF lab design and layout
- A theoretical insight into validation of your project: design qualification, installation qualification, operational qualification and process qualification
- A theoretical insight into the commissioning of the building project
- An insight into the validation process of the newly built laboratory
- An insight into monitoring the activities in your laboratory
- A theoretical insight in Quality Management of your laboratory activities
- Direct Discussions
Please note that the course does NOT involve any observation of clinical work or use of human eggs/embryos.
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
No previous experience needed, though participants should have a good understanding of the working of an ART laboratory and regulations and guidelines that apply to ART labs in their country.
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
Course fee is EUR 275.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Local transportation between hotels and the course venue
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from Denmark
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.