What Others Say…
Not a course to be missed no matter how long you have been practising
If you truly want to improve your practice and learn from the best, sign up for this course!
The course was really helpful, it is designed to give a theoretical base and focus on hands-on experience
This course will be held at the Center of Excellence in Målov, Denmark.
The Core Embryology Training is intended to provide participants with the core knowledge of assisted reproductive laboratory technologies. Participants will critically appraise key processes in the andrology and embryology laboratory, examining the evidence base and evaluating the various systems used. The course covers the principal procedures from oocyte collection and sperm preparation through to embryo culture and transfer, and will look at IVF insemination, culture techniques, and embryo selection. In addition, data management for auditing and surveillance of laboratory performance will be highlighted. Participants will have the opportunity to see how media are produced during a factory tour. The emphasis will be on group participation so that delegates can pick up tips on optimizing the lab performance.
- To learn about the biology of gametes and embryos
- To learn about the and practice of assisted reproduction techniques using oocytes and sperm
- To learn about an IVF laboratory set up
- To have hands-on practice in sperm preparation
Lab technicians, clinical embryologists, research scientists and trainees with some clinical experience wishing to improve their core knowledge and theoretical understanding of embryology, andrology and assisted reproductive laboratory techniques.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- Knowledge on the biological and technical aspects of sperm preparation and oocyte preparation for IUI, IVF and ICSI
- Knowledge on the biological and technical aspects of oocyte and embryo culture and embryo grading
- Hands-on training – step by step – in sperm preparation
- Hands-on practical sessions
Please not that his course does not include lectures on cryopreservation, ICSI or other micromanipulation techniques; see our Introduction to ICSI Course or the TE biopsy for PGT Course. This course does not involve any observation of clinical work or use of human eggs/embryos handling during egg collection, insemination and embryo transfer.
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Working as an IVF/Andrology lab technician, an embryologist, a research scientist (or trainee)
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
Course fee is EUR 525.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Local transportation between hotels and the course venue
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from Denmark
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.