This training course is held at our Embryology Training School in Mumbai, India
2-day Course – Basic
This is an intensive workshop to get a complete insight into the pre-requisites and techniques associated with Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI). The course includes lectures on IUI Techniques, demonstration as well as Hands -on Training of Sperm Preparation procedures and tips for Trouble Shooting.
- To learn and understand about setting up of an IUI laboratory
- To learn about selection of patients & preliminary work up for IUI
- To understand the environmental impact on male fertility
- To understand basic principles of semen processing & analysis for IUI
- Introduction to different techniques and factors determining the outcome of IUI
- Hands-on practice for semen processing, density gradient & swim up methods
Post graduates in biological sciences, clinical embryologists, research scientists with little or no IUI experience wishing to learn the basics of the technique.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- An understanding of setting up and IUI laboratory and patient selection
- Knowledge on the technical aspects, semen processing and analysis for IUI
- Hands-on training – semen processing methods
- Understanding on factors affecting male fertility
- Hands-on training
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Each delegate should have some general embryology experience, it is advisable for participants to do background reading before attending the course
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from the Mumbai Embryology School
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.