This course will be held at the Center of Excellence in Målov, Denmark.
1 day-Course – Advanced
This Course will discuss the principles of cryobiology, including vitrification, and examine clinical data from the scientific literature. The course also includes demonstrations of the vitrification cooling and warming procedures followed by hands-on work using Sage and Origio vitrification systems as examples of DMSO and DMSO-free systems.
- To learn about the principles of Cryobiology including comparison of slow freezing and vitrification
- To learn about the practice of vitrification of oocytes, embryos and blastocysts
- To learn about different vitrification systems
- To learn about optimizing cooling and warming protocols
- To learn about Key performance indicators -KPIs- in a cryopreservation program
Lab technicians, clinical embryologists, research scientists wishing to introduce vitrification as a new service or those seeking to optimize their results.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- Knowledge on the cryobiological and technical aspects of cryopreservation, more specifically vitrification of oocytes, embryos and blastocysts
- Knowledge on the different systems for vitrification
- Knowledge on Quality Control in a cryopreservation program
- Hands-on training – step by step – in vitrification
- Hands-on training with hamster oocytes and human spermatozoa
This course does not involve any observation of clinical work or use of human eggs/embryos.
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Working as an IVF/Andrology lab technician, an embryologist, a research scientist
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
Course fee is EUR 275.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Local transportation between hotels and the course venue
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from Denmark
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.