This training course is held at our Embryology Training School in Mumbai, India
5 days Course – Basic to intermediate
This is an intensive workshop to get a complete insight into the pre-requisites and techniques associated with ART. The emphasis will be on group participation so that delegates can pick up tips on optimizing the lab performance. The course includes Lectures, Demonstration, Hands-on Work and Trouble shooting.
- To learn about basics of folliculogenesis and Spermatogenesis, Sperm-Egg Interaction and Fertilization
- To gain knowledge on different types of culture media and culture conditions
- To learn on various techniques of semen processing, conventional In Vitro Fertilization
- To understand how to do embryo grading and embryo transfer
- To learn basic principles and techniques for Cryopreservation by Vitrification
- To learn and practice Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- To get a complete overview about the subject of ART
- To get confidence on performing the different techniques of ART
- Hands on training in handling of gametes, semen analysis and processing, loading of embryo transfer catheters, vitrification, sperm immobilization and ICSI
- Post graduates in biological sciences, gynecologists, clinical embryologists, research scientists with little or no lab experience wishing to learn the basics of the technique.
- It is advisable for those planning to start their own ART Clinic as it gives them insight into technology.
- It helps those involved in the practical aspects only to get a better understanding on the basic biological principles behind the procedures.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- An understanding of basics of In vitro fertilization
- Knowledge on the technical aspects of ICSI, IVF, semen processing and analysis, vitrification etc.
- Hands-on training – handling gametes, semen analysis, loading embryo transfer catheters, vitrification etc.
- Hands-on training
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Each delegate should have some general embryology experience, it is advisable for participants to do background reading before attending the course
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from the Mumbai Embryology School
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.