This training course is held at our Embryology Training School in Mumbai, India
2-day Course – Basic
Participants will receive a step-by-step guide to ICSI, with a critical appraisal of the technique’s efficacy. It will include description of indications for ICSI, technical aspects of sperm preparation, set-up and optimization of the ICSI equipment and procedure will be demonstrated and practiced. Quality control and quality management for ICSI operators and the ICSI program will be discussed.
- To learn about the theory and practice of intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- To have hands-on practice in ICSI
- To learn about quality control and management in ICSI
Post graduates in biological sciences, clinical embryologists, research scientists with little or no ICSI experience wishing to learn the basics of the technique.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- An insight into indications for ICSI
- Knowledge on the technical aspects of sperm preparation (fresh or frozen ejaculate) and oocyte preparation for ICSI
- An introduction to the ICSI equipment set-up, including choice of microtools and troubleshooting
- Hands-on training – step by step – in ICSI
- An insight into quality control and quality management in an ICSI program
- Hands-on training
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Each delegate should have some general embryology experience; though no experience of ICSI is needed, it is advisable for participants to do background reading and ideally some in-house basic training on ICSI equipment set-up.
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from the Mumbai Embryology School
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.