This course will be held at our CooperSurgical Training Lab in Målov, Denmark.
2 day-Course – Basic
Participants will receive a step-by-step guide to ICSI, with a critical appraisal of the technique’s efficacy. It will include description of indications for ICSI, technical aspects of sperm preparation (including sperm from epididymis or testis) and preparation of oocytes prior to injection. The set-up and optimisation of the ICSI equipment and procedure will be demonstrated and practised. Quality control and quality management for ICSI operators and the ICSI programme will be discussed.
- To learn about the theory and practice of intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- To have hands-on practise in ICSI
- To learn about quality control and management in ICSI
Lab technicians, clinical embryologists, research scientists with little or no ICSI experience wishing to learn the basics of the technique.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- An insight into indications for ICSI
- Knowledge on the technical aspects of sperm preparation (fresh or frozen ejaculate, epididymal or testicular sperm) and oocyte preparation for ICSI
- An introduction to the ICSI equipment set-up, including choice of microtools and troubleshooting
- Hands-on training – step by step – in ICSI
- An insight into quality control and quality management in an ICSI programme
- Hands-on training with hamster oocytes and human spermatozoa
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Each delegate should have some general embryology experience; though no experience of ICSI is needed, it is advisable for participants to do background reading and ideally some in-house basic training on ICSI equipment set-up.
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
Course fee is EUR 450.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from Denmark
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
To register contact your Account Manager, find our partners here, or mail us at TrainingLabDK@origio.com
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.