What Others Say…
A unique experience with skilled and lovely teachers that do their best to show you how to improve your biopsy techniques.
On this two-day course you get all the tools you need to start blastocyst biopsy, it will help you to develop your skills in a professional way
CooperSurgical training courses are the best for learning new techniques and tips from experienced trainers who love to share and help generously
The course was a very good place for liaising with professionals and peers. Special thanks to the team for having so much patience when teaching us
This course provided a lot of good information and valuable hands-on training in a good learning atmosphere
Well organized, excellent location and practical training, and excellent advice from really experienced and kind lecturers, who love to teach
I really liked the hands-on focus of this course without being sold to
This course will be held at our Origio Training Lab in Målov, Denmark.
2 day-Course -Advanced
This two-day workshop aims to provide an introduction to the genetics services used in ART and PGT as a screening tool for embryo selection, together with the procedures used in embryo biopsy and handling of biopsied cells.
Methods for biopsy and cell tubing, including pipettes, media and equipment will be discussed. Hands-on sessions will allow participants to practice biopsy of trophectoderm cells and preparing them for analysis using mouse embryos.
- To learn about the history and current trends in PGT
- To have hands-on practise in trophectoderm biopsy and cell preparation.
- To learn about the introduction of PGT to the clinical and laboratory setting
Lab technicians, clinical embryologists, research scientists with micromanipulation experience wishing to learn the basics of trophectoderm biopsy or improve their technique.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- A historical timeline of PGT
- Current approaches to PGT and results/data
- An introduction to the biopsy equipment set-up, including choice of microtools and troubleshooting
- Hands-on training – step by step – in trophectoderm biopsy
- An insight into considerations when introducing PGT
- Hands-on training with mouse blastocysts
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
It is essential that participants have experience of micromanipulation techniques, though not necessarily oocyte or embryo biopsy.
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
Course fee is EUR 775.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course
- Local transportation between hotels and the course venue
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from Denmark
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.