This course will be held at the Center of Excellence in Mumbai, India.
2 day-Course -Advanced
This two-day workshop aims to provide an introduction to the genetics services used in ART and PGT as a screening tool for embryo selection, together with the procedures used in embryo biopsy and handling of biopsied cells.
Methods for biopsy and cell tubing, including pipettes, media and equipment will be discussed. Hands-on sessions will allow participants to practice biopsy of trophectoderm cells and preparing them for analysis using mouse embryos.
- To learn about current trends in PGT
- To have hands-on practise in trophectoderm biopsy and cell preparation.
- To learn about the introduction of PGT to the clinical and laboratory setting
Lab technicians, clinical embryologists, research scientists with micromanipulation experience wishing to learn the basics of trophectoderm biopsy or improve their technique.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- An introduction to the biopsy equipment set-up, including choice of microtools and troubleshooting
- Hands-on training – step by step – in trophectoderm biopsy
- An insight into considerations when introducing PGT
- Hands-on training with mouse blastocysts
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
It is essential that participants have experience of micromanipulation techniques, though not necessarily oocyte or embryo biopsy.
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from India
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.