This course will be held at our CooperSurgical Training Lab in Målov, Denmark.
2 day-Course– Basic & Advanced
Participants will learn approaches for semen assessment and preparation, optimization of the ICSI procedure and use of sperm selection techniques based on hyaluronan binding (SpermSlow™ and PICSI® Dish). The emphasis will be on group participation so that delegates can pick up tips on how to optimize lab performance.
- To learn about the different sperm selection techniques prior to intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- To have hands-on practice in sperm preparation
- To have hands-on practice in sperm selection techniques based on hyaluronan binding: SpermSlow™ and PICSI
Lab technicians, clinical embryologists, research scientists already performing ICSI wishing to optimize their lab performance and improve their ICSI method by improving their sperm selection techniques.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- A theoretical insight in sperm selection for ICSI
- An insight in the technical aspects of sperm preparation
- An insight in the technical aspects of sperm analysis using HBA
- Hands-on training – step by step – in sperm preparation
- Hands-on training – step by step – in sperm selection for ICSI using SpermSlow and PICSI
- Hands-on training with human spermatozoa
Please note that the course does NOT involve any observation of clinical work or use of human eggs/embryos.
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Working as an embryologist, each delegate should have some experience with ICSI. Please note that this course is NOT aimed at embryologists wishing to receive basic training in ICSI; for this, please see our Introduction to ICSI course.
Maximum number of participants
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
Course fee is EUR 400.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course.
- Local transportation between hotels and the course venue
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from Denmark
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.