This workshop aims to provide a comprehensive overview of biopsy of trophectoderm (TE) cells from blastocysts and consider the various approaches to genetic analysis. The workshop will explore methods for TE biopsy as well as consider handling, tubing and traceability of the sample. In addition, the methods for genetic testing and dealing with results will be explored.
Hands-on sessions will allow participants to practise TE biopsy using mouse embryos with additional emphasis on the handing and preparation of the biopsied samples, including tubing. The workshop will also examine working with off-site genetics labs.
- Trophectoderm Biopsy (day 5)
- Handling biopsied samples
- Working with an off-site genetic testing provider
- 2-day course
- Emphasis on hands-on time with one-to-one supervised practice complemented by lectures and discussion
- Limited to 6 participants to ensure an intensive, focussed training experience
- This course is targeted at embryologists only
It is essential that all participants are experienced ICSI practitioners with suitably advanced micromanipulation skills and expertise; please note that the sessions will use Research Instrument Integra micromanipulators and Saturn laser systems so participants must be prepared to use this type of micromanipulator.
Course fee is EUR 600. Transportation and accommodation are not included. Local transportation between hotels and the course venue will be arranged. Lunches and refreshments will be provided during the course.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.