This one-day workshop aims to provide a comprehensive overview of culture media for human IVF, with consideraton of how media is developed. The workshop will evaluate both single step and sequential systems, examine choices of individual media components including protein supplements, and discuss factors such as vitamins and cytokines.
Methods for trialling culture media in the clinical environment will be discussed, with consideration of how media can be tested and how the data can be interpreted. Understanding differences between systems is important and the workshop will encourage debate about optimizing the use of media in clinical programs.
- Culture systems: design elements of culture media
- Sequential system or single step
- ORIGIO and SAGE™ systems: comparing & optimizing performance
- Assessing culture systems – how to perform a trial
- 1-day course
- Lectures & directed discussions
- Tour of media production facilities
- Up to 20 participants
- This course is targeted towards any embryologist interested in learning more about the composition, design and testing of culture media
Working as a clinical embryologist.
Course fee is EUR 100. Transportation and accommodation are not included. Local transportation between hotels and the course venue will be arranged. Lunches and refreshments will be provided during the course.
Find the full yearly schedule on this page.